Ching Chang, CFA
Vice President, Portfolio Manager
Area of Focus
- Emerging Markets equities
Since high school, Ching has been interested in investing because it combines his love for psychology, philosophy, economics and mathematics. Ching believes that Burgundy’s quality value approach and long-term orientation matches perfectly with how he approaches investing. As a member of the Emerging Markets team, Ching puts Burgundy’s investment philosophy to work in regions where markets are still not efficient. This approach provides opportunities for investors willing to conduct deep fundamental analysis to uncover potentially profitable investment ideas.
- Joined Burgundy in 2016
- Appointed a Vice President in 2019
- 10 years of combined professional experience
- Experience includes positions at: Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets Division
- CFA charterholder
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Economics), University of Toronto
Memberships and Community
- Mentor, Portfolio Management Group, University of Toronto
- Member, CFA Institute
POSTS FROM THIS AUTHOR
The Journal | July 2022
Given the complexities of our geopolitical and macroeconomic environment, choosing to hide within our North American investment universe may feel like a comfortable alternative. So, with a diverse set...
The Journal | August 2021
While opinions about China vary, one thing is certain – there is a lot of change taking place there. Now the world’s second-largest stock market, China has experienced a booming...