Vice President, Investment Counsellor
Areas of Focus
- Canadian Individuals & Families
- Canadian Foundations & Endowments
- Canadian Family Offices
After an extensive career with insurance companies and institutional investment management, Jock wanted to leverage this experience to help individuals and families meet their long-term financial goals. He had always been impressed by Burgundy’s strong reputation, focus on value and dedication to client care. He was thrilled to join the Private Client Group and has been an active member of the Burgundy team ever since.
Jock values the time he has devoted to the community. In addition to his current memberships, he was a former Director of the Granite Golf Club and West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation, and served as President and a Director of The Badminton & Racquet Club.
- Joined Burgundy in 2009
- Appointed a Vice President in 2009
- 45+ years of combined professional experience
- Experience includes positions at: McLeod Young Weir Ltd., Canada Life Assurance Co., CEO at Canada Life Investment Management and Laketon Investment Management, COO at AEGON Capital Management Inc.
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics), McMaster University
- ICD.D certification, Institute of Corporate Directors at the Rotman School of Management
Memberships and Community
- Member and past Canadian President, Association of Investment Management Sales Executives
- Member of the Investment Committee, 48th Highlanders
- Member of the Institute of Corporate Directors
- Board Member, Lakefield College School Foundation
- Board Member, Royal Canadian Institute for Science
- Member, CFA Society Toronto
- Member, CFA Institute