Greg Dowdall, CFA, CFP
Vice President, Investment Counsellor
Areas of Focus
- Canadian Individuals & Families
- Canadian Foundations & Endowments
- Canadian Family Offices
Greg pursues his passions for value investing and helping others by educating Burgundy’s clients to become better informed about investing. He believes that understanding the simplicity and transparency of the firm’s process enables investors to make good financial decisions, and Greg enjoys working with his clients to this end.
- Joined Burgundy in 2009
- Appointed a Vice President in 2011
- 25+ years of combined professional experience
- Experience includes positions at: Phillips, Hager & North, MD Management Ltd.
- CFA charterholder
- Certified Financial Planner
- Master of Arts (Business Economics), Wilfrid Laurier University
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (Business and Economics), Brock University
Memberships and Community
- Member, President’s Council of St. Michael’s Foundation
- Member, CFA Society Toronto
- Member, CFA Institute
POSTS FROM THIS AUTHOR
Deconstructing Quality, Part III
The Journal | September 2018
Our Deconstructing Quality series explores the three categories Burgundy assesses in our search for worthwhile companies. Part I looked into the business characteristics that help define a quality bus...
Deconstructing Quality, Part II
The Journal | June 2017
Part I of the series looked at how Burgundy assesses the quality of a business via three elements – business characteristics, financial attributes and management – and examined the specific busine...
Deconstructing Quality, Part I
The Journal | April 2017
If you are at all familiar with Burgundy, likely you have heard time and again that we invest in “quality” companies when the share prices of those companies are trading...
Our Best Guess
The Journal | June 2016
Investors often have a notion about what is an acceptable or desired rate of return on their capital. This rate of return is typically expressed in percentage terms. For example, “...
50 Years of Enduring Advice
The Journal | March 2015
When Tony Arrell first established Burgundy, he promised clients he would manage their money the same way he managed his own. The Burgundy investment philosophy has been and always will...