Charles Walker, CFA
Vice President, Investment Counsellor
Areas of Focus
- Canadian Individuals & Families
- Canadian Foundations & Endowments
- Canadian Family Offices
Charles caught the investing bug early in life. Upon discovering the power of compounding, he invested the money he had saved from various odd jobs into a value fund run by Sir John Templeton. Curious by nature, Charles found that reviewing the list of holdings was fascinating. Later on, his passion for investing in high-quality businesses was cemented when he had the opportunity to meet Warren Buffett in Omaha. After spending more than 10 years as an Investment Analyst, Charles transitioned into a client-facing role working closely with Burgundy’s clients (including CEOs, CFOs and entrepreneurs) in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Joined Burgundy in 2008
- Appointed a Vice President in 2013
- Previous roles include: U.S. institutional client relationship management, Canadian equity Investment Analyst
- 20+ years of combined professional experience
- Experience includes positions at: Foyston, Gordon & Payne Inc., AIM Trimark Investments, Morningstar Research Ltd.
- CFA charterholder
- MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (Economics), Queen's University
Memberships and Community
- Volunteer Hockey Coach, Humber Valley Hockey Association
- Member, CFA Society Toronto
- Member, CFA Institute
POSTS FROM THIS AUTHOR
CRM2 refers to a new set of regulations put in place to enhance transparency in the investment industry, particularly around fees and performance....
Investment industry regulators have made a significant move to enhance transparency for investors regarding the method in which performance returns are reported. We see this as a positive for the...