Philip Doyle, CFA
Vice President, Investment Counsellor
Areas of Focus
- Canadian Individuals & Families
- Canadian Foundations & Endowments
- Canadian Family Offices
With more than 20 years of experience, Phil has seen that complexity and “innovation” in the financial world do not always benefit investors, and that over the long term, the consistent application of a simple philosophy can win out. Phil works closely with individuals, families, endowments, and foundations to implement Burgundy’s investment process on their behalf. He is also leading an effort to raise Burgundy’s profile with philanthropic and not-for-profit organizations. When he’s not in the office, Phil is actively involved in several boards and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of education and the performing arts.
- Joined Burgundy in 2014
- Appointed a Vice President in 2018
- 20+ years of combined professional experience
- Experience includes positions at: Morneau Shepell, Artemis Investment Management, Citi Private Bank, CIBC Wealth Management, Boston Consulting Group
- CFA charterholder
- Master of Arts (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), University of Oxford
- Specialist Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy and Sociology), University of Toronto
- Rhodes Scholar
Memberships and Community
- Secretary of Catholic School Parent Council
- Member, CFA Society Toronto
- Member, CFA Institute
POSTS FROM THIS AUTHOR
The Journal | November 2020
With yields on fixed income portfolios near all-time lows, COVID-19 has added to the investment challenges facing many individual investors and organizations. Investment Counsellor Philip Doyle and Po...
The Journal | August 2020
Against the constant barrage of tech stocks news, Investment Counsellor Philip Doyle does some decluttering. In this piece, he evaluates how the market’s fixation on technology has left some...
The Journal | April 2018
One of our key beliefs at Burgundy is that owning the equity of high-quality businesses is the best way to preserve and grow wealth over the long run. This long-term...
The Journal | November 2017
Burgundy’s November conference call is becoming something of a pre-holiday tradition. This year’s call featured an update from Richard Rooney, our President and Chief Investment Officer, and comme...